Bulbophyllum remiferum Carr, 1933
![]() |
Bulbophyllum remiferum Carr |
![]() |
Bulbophyllum remiferum Carr |
![]() |
Bulbophyllum remiferum Carr |
Distribution:
Sumatera42 SUM
Lifeform:
Pseudobulb epiphyteNote :
I believe this the lost orchid from sumatra, after description publish at year 1933. There is no record any more after 78 years. Sir J. B. Comber make a notes for Bulbophyllum description, "The type Carr 2022, presumably in Singapore. Endemic". And Carr noted that this is an ally of B. ovalifolium Lindl, but differnt at sepal and petal from and size.
I try to find this specimen ID with read all description from this section that have ever reported from Sumatra. And after that I conclude this specimen matching with this Bulbophyllum remiferum description. The photo specimen taken insitu by my friend Leineagra at September 2011 and determinan by me a few days later after he show me the photo.
If you have any idea for correction the ID, please do not hesitate leave comment in this blog. (Tun Jang),
Post 17092011 3:30 PM
Post 17092011 3:30 PM



No comments:
Post a Comment